Sunset Beach, NC September 28, 2009 – Evolve Golf, Inc.
- Evolve Golf – maker of the No. 1 performance golf tee on Tour – confirms the winner of the CVS/Pharmacy LPGA Challenge relied on its patented Epoch tee.
- The Epoch golf tee has won 122 times on the major tours since its 2004 debut, including 45 wins on the PGA Tour.
- The Epoch is the only performance tee with radius posts that span the width of a golf ball dimple. This unique feature creates the lowest coefficient of friction of any tee, eliminating deflection at impact and increasing ball speed and control off the tee.
- The Epoch has been scientifically proven via a series of rigorous independent robotic tests combined with extensive player testing to provide improvements of up to 12 yards distance and 9 yards accuracy.
- Not just built for performance, the Epoch – like all Evolve Golf products – is environmentally friendly. Made from recycled materials that are degradable, the design is ten times more durable than its wooden counterparts and not harmful to mower blades.
Attributed to: BJ Maloy, Founder & CEO, Evolve Golf, Inc.
“Proficiency off the tee is essential to being a successful professional player,” says Evolve Golf Founder and CEO, BJ Maloy. “That is why so many touring pros use our eco-friendly Epoch tee, which provides the crucial gains in distance and accuracy needed to optimize performance.”
About Evolve Golf
Evolve Golf is the leading manufacturer of sustainable performance golf tees and products are available at more than 2,200 marquee private clubs, daily-fee facilities, off-course and online retailers worldwide. The Epoch performance tee was launched on the PGA Tour in 2004 and quickly gained a devoted following.
In early 2009, Evolve Golf introduced the Sweet Spot System – an option available for all Evolve tees – it is an interactive tool that takes the guesswork out of consistently teeing a ball to the proper height by aligning the ball with the driver’s “sweet spot”, assuring golfers get optimum distance and accuracy on every drive. Easy to use, players simply enter the make and model of their driver at Evolve Golf’s website and the application returns the recommended depth of insertion mark to use when placing the tee into the ground. This guide is a visual reference tool featuring four evenly spaced marks printed on the stem of the tee (https://www.evolvegolf.com/settings.php).
Company Founder and CEO BJ Maloy was named one of GOLF Magazine’s top-10 industry innovators of 2008. Maloy was chosen out of hundreds of pioneers for his contributions as an entrepreneur and his quest to enhance the environment through Evolve Golf’s revolutionary products. In 2009, he was honored as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” executives in the sporting goods industry by Sporting Goods Business magazine.
For more information please visit: www.evolvegolf.com or call 866.614.3158.