Ocean Isle, NC May, 8 2009 – Evolve Golf, Inc.
- Evolve Golf – maker of the #1 performance tee on the PGA Tour – announces CEO and Founder BJ Maloy has been named one of the industry’s “Top 40 Under 40” executives for 2009 by Sporting Goods Business.
- The annual awards honor young, highly accomplished individuals who are leading the way in the sporting goods market. Selected from more than 500 nominees, the winners were determined based on years of service, level of responsibility attained, accomplishments and commitment to teamwork. Each honoree is recognized as having a direct and positive impact on the industry as a whole.
- Sporting Goods Business acknowledged Maloy as a successful entrepreneur who has made a significant mark in the golf industry by turning simple concepts into sustainable ideas. In 2008 he earned GOLF Magazine’s “Innovator of the Year” award for creating the Epoch tee, a technically-advanced, eco-friendly product that helps improve performance for players of all abilities.
- A part of 111 major Tour wins – including 36 PGA Tour victories – Epoch is the only performance tee with radius posts that span the width of a golf ball dimple. This unique feature creates the lowest coefficient of friction of any tee, eliminating deflection at impact and increasing ball speed and control off the tee.
- The Epoch has been scientifically proven via a series of rigorous independent robotic tests combined with extensive player testing to provide improvements of up to 12 yards distance and 9 yards accuracy.
- New for 2009, the Vireo-S3 tee features a wider, deeper cup for greater stability than traditional wood offerings. It is also the first Evolve Golf tee to incorporate the company’s groundbreaking marking system and coinciding proprietary Internet application — The Sweet Spot System — showing the proper tee height for consistent alignment between the golf ball and driver’s “sweet spot,” <a href=https://www.evolvegolf.com/settings.php</a> promoting increased distance and accuracy.
Attributed to: BJ Maloy, Founder & CEO, Evolve Golf, Inc.
“The number of world class facilities that have switched entirely away from wooden tees in the past year is truly amazing,” says Maloy. “In addition to the performance benefits of our products, PGA Professionals, Superintendents and golfers have really embraced the fact that Evolve tees are mower-friendly and made entirely from recycled and renewable materials.”
Evolve Golf is the leading manufacturer of sustainable performance golf tees and products are available at more than 2,200 marquee private clubs, daily-fee facilities, off-course and online retailers worldwide. The Epoch performance tee was launched on the PGA Tour in 2004 and quickly gained a devoted following.
In early 2009, Evolve Golf introduced the Sweet Spot System, a groundbreaking marking system and Internet app (https://www.evolvegolf.com/settings.php).
Company Founder and CEO BJ Maloy was named one of GOLF Magazine’s top-10 industry innovators of 2008. Maloy was chosen out of hundreds of pioneers for his contributions as an entrepreneur and his quest to enhance the environment through Evolve Golf’s revolutionary products.
For more information please visit: www.evolvegolf.com or call 866.614.3158.