Ocean Isle, NC, April 30, 2008 – Evolve Golf, Inc
- Evolve Golf announces a new version of its popular Epoch – the No. 1 performance tee on Tour – combining a slimmer shaft and new lengths for easier insertion into the ground with an enhanced construction that is up to 10 times more durable than wooden tees.
- The Epoch is now available in 3-¼” and 2-¾” heights as well as a 1-½” version designed specifically for use with fairway woods, irons and today’s must-have hybrids.
- A part of 99 major Tour wins since its 2004 debut, including an impressive 27 PGA Tour victories, Epoch is the only tee with radius posts that span the width of a golf ball dimple. This patented design creates the lowest coefficient of friction of any tee, eliminating deflection at impact and increasing ball speed and control off the tee leading to significant improvements in distance and accuracy. Since the enhanced version was introduced early this season on the PGA Tour, no player to try the tee in competition has stopped using it.
- In addition to its performance advantages, the Epoch also furthers Evolve Golf’s mission to be a completely sustainable company. Epoch tees are made entirely from recycled and renewable materials that are substantially more resilient than tees made from wood, corn or bamboo. As a result, one Epoch tee can last an entire round or more.
- Retailing at just $6.95 per 50-pack, the Epoch tee is highly affordable and provides the greatest price-to-performance benefit of any golf technology introduced the past 25 years. A player stands to see far greater dollar-for-dollar distance and accuracy improvement with Epoch than with any other piece of equipment in the bag.
Attributed to: BJ Maloy, Founder & CEO, Evolve Golf, Inc.
“The Epoch’s new, more durable design is great for both golfers and courses,” says BJ Maloy, Evolve Golf Founder and CEO. “The average person uses five to seven wooden tees each round, which wastes resources, increases costs for the golf facility and creates an unsightly mess around teeing areas. Our product helps players perform better and significantly reduces the amount of tees needed to play a round of golf.”
Attributed to: John Lavelle, Superintendent of Diamond Creek GC
“Since switching over to Evolve’s tees there’s been a noticeable reduction in tee litter,” says John Lavelle, Superintendent of Diamond Creek GC in Banner Elk, NC. “It’s rare that we see a broken tee anymore, and if we do it’s a wood tee.”
About Evolve Golf
Evolve Golf is the leading manufacturer of sustainable performance golf tees. Available at more than 2,200 marquee private clubs, daily-fee facilities, off-course and online retailers worldwide. Evolve Golf first developed a breakthrough prototype in late 2003. Its Epoch performance tee was launched on the PGA Tour in 2004 and quickly gained a devoted following.
The Epoch has been scientifically proven via a series of rigorous independent robotic tests combined with extensive player testing at a wide range of swing speeds to provide a three- to 12-yard increase in distance and four- to nine-yard improvement in accuracy.
Additional information at: www.evolvegolf.com.