Epoch Tee Recognized for Outstanding Performance and Environmental Benefits
Ocean Isle, NC November, 12 2008 – Evolve Golf, Inc.
- Evolve Golf – maker of the No.1 performance tee on the PGA Tour – today announces CEO and Founder, BJ Maloy, has been selected by GOLF Magazine as one of the industry’s top-10 innovators for 2008.
- In GOLF Magazine’s December 2008 issue, editors selected 10 nominees/organizations that have elevated the game of golf through research and ideas, dedication and community involvement. Hundreds of industry pioneers were nominated for the prestigious award which was broken down into ten categories.
- Maloy was named the industry’s “Entrepreneur” and joins Arnold Palmer, the PGA Tour Wives Association and several others as “People Who Make a Difference.”
- The Epoch golf tee has won 108 times on the major tours since its 2004 debut, including 34 wins on the PGA Tour.
- The Epoch is the only performance tee with radius posts that span the width of a golf ball dimple. This unique feature creates the lowest coefficient of friction of any tee, eliminating deflection at impact and increasing ball speed and control off the tee.
- The Epoch has been scientifically proven via a series of rigorous independent robotic tests combined with extensive player testing to provide improvements of up to 12 yards distance and 9 yards accuracy.
- In addition to its performance advantages, Epoch – like all Evolve Golf products – is completely sustainable. Made entirely from recycled and renewable materials, the mower-friendly design is several times more durable than its wooden counterparts.
Attributed to: BJ Maloy, Founder & CEO, Evolve Golf, Inc.
“For a hundred years there were no significant improvements to the traditional wooden tee,” says BJ Maloy, Evolve Golf Founder and CEO. “It’s always a challenge to get golfers to try something outside the accepted ‘norm,’ and the Epoch has opened the eyes of professionals and amateurs alike. We will continue researching and creating tees that will not just enhance the user’s golf game but also benefit the environment.”
About Evolve Golf
Evolve Golf is the leading manufacturer of sustainable performance golf tees. Available at more than 2,200 marquee private clubs, daily-fee facilities, off-course and online retailers worldwide. Evolve Golf first developed a breakthrough prototype in late 2003. Its Epoch performance tee was launched on the PGA Tour in 2004 and quickly gained a devoted following. For more information about Evolve Golf and our products please visit our website.