Design, innovation, and ingenuity aren’t just words at Evolve Golf, they’re a daily occurrence. And for the past three months, we’ve been at it with thrusters on full. With a brand new director of product design leading the way, we’re fired up and ready to share some of our fresh innovations developed for your game, […]
No matter what brand or type of driver you’re hitting, consistently finding your club’s “sweet spot” is one of the best ways to amp up your play. Even with the advancements in driver technology, this is still true. As a matter of fact, according to Golf.com, the hot spot on most drivers today has creeped […]
A subtle shift of the foot here, and simple reposition of the tee height there… as we know all too well here at Evolve Golf, it’s the little things that add up to big improvement. Here are a few of our favorite tips that we’ve cultivated over the years.
It sounds like it goes against convention, or even intuition… but addressing the ball with your driver toe angled up a bit is a good way to ensure that you are allowing for your wrists to “break.” Allowing your wrists to break helps increase the velocity of the driver at the right time, and keep you swing fluid and easy. Keeping your arms stiff, and a straight line down to the club head only reduces your velocity.
If you’re looking for a more scientific explanation, there’s a little thing called “Centripetal Force” that many manufacturers compensate for. This is the pulling down of the club head in the downswing that tends to “droop” the shaft enough to even out the club head. Try not to think about it too much.
Proper Tee Height.
There are so many things to consider when talking about tee height. Many players like to tee that ball up high, and let ‘er rip. But the truth is, every driver is as unique as every swing. Knowing the proper height of your driver’s sweet spot is important, and being able to consistently tee the ball up to your driver’s sweet spot every time only provides a cocktail for good drives. Check out Evolve Golf’s Sweet Spot System to find the best tee height for your driver.
Again, it seems a bit uncomfortable, and anti-intuitive… But your body position is hugely important. Most instructors will position the ball to the inside of your forward foot, and have you slightly angle your hips, sine and shoulders back, just a bit, so that the club is square, level, and on it’s way up just slightly on impact.
Build Your Speed.
Professional instructors like Derek Hooper have seen a lot of bad swings in their day. One of the biggest issues is the over aggressive swing. Golfers try to take get a burst of power from the start of their swing, causing a lot of movement, and a lot of inaccuracy. To fix this, Derek suggest thinking about building your swing with your large muscles. Let your lower body lead the motion, with the upper body following and pulling the club down, building speed along the way so that by the time it get’s to the ball, the club is traveling at maximum speed without as much movement. The results should be some of your greatest distance.
Trust Your Stuff.
Look in your bag. See all that equipment? What did it cost… $1500? $2000? That’s a lot of science you paid for. A lot of technology. So trust it. So often we look at our clubs and think we need to help it, angle it a bit to get the ball up a bit. Swing a little harder to get the distance. But these clubs come from manufacturers and technologists whose entire job is to make you play better. So go ahead… trust it. Smooth out your swing, believe in the equipment, and watch your game improve.
Ocean Isle, NC January, 13 2009 – Evolve Golf, Inc.
- Evolve Golf – maker of Epoch, the #1 performance tee on the PGA Tour – introduces its Vireo-S3 model, featuring a wider, deeper cup for greater stability than traditional wood tees and the revolutionary Sweet Spot System promoting increased distance and accuracy.
- Constructed completely from environmentally-friendly materials, Vireo-S3 is the latest tee to feature Evolve Golf’s groundbreaking marking system and coinciding proprietary Internet application showing the proper tee height for consistent alignment between the golf ball and driver’s “sweet spot”
- To use the Sweet Spot System, golfers simply enter the make and model of a driver and the application shows its recommended depth of insertion mark to use when placing the tee into the ground. This guide is a visual reference tool featuring four evenly spaced ovals printed on the stem of the Vireo-S3 and other Evolve Golf tees, including the Tour-proven Epoch.
- Cuscowilla, Diamond Creek, and Reynolds Plantation are among the substantial and growing number of marquee clubs and resorts worldwide that prefer the aesthetic advantages of Evolve’s eco-friendly golf tees over traditional wooden tees.
Attributed to: BJ Maloy, Founder & CEO, Evolve Golf, Inc.
“The market has been asking for a classic design from Evolve Golf and the Vireo-S3 represents the perfect intersection of tradition and technology,” says BJ Maloy, Evolve Golf Founder and CEO. “The Vireo-S3 allows golfers to easily tee up the ball to the proper height maximizing performance.”
About Evolve Golf
Evolve Golf is the leading manufacturer of sustainable performance golf tees and products are available at more than 2,200 marquee private clubs, daily-fee facilities, off-course and online retailers worldwide. The Epoch performance tee was launched on the PGA Tour in 2004 and quickly gained a devoted following.
In early 2009, Evolve Golf introduced the Sweet Spot System, a groundbreaking marking system and Internet app (http://www.evolvegolf.com/settings.php).
Company Founder and CEO BJ Maloy was named one of GOLF Magazine’s top-10 industry innovators of 2008. Maloy was chosen out of hundreds of pioneers for his contributions as an entrepreneur and his quest to enhance the environment through Evolve Golf’s revolutionary products.
For more information please visit: www.evolvegolf.com or call 866.614.3158.
Customized Marking Guide Improves Drives, Performance off Tee
Ocean Isle, NC December, 15 2008 – Evolve Golf, Inc.
- Evolve Golf – maker of the #1 performance tee on the PGA Tour – introduces the easy-to-use Sweet Spot System (http://www.evolvegolf.com/settings.php), a proprietary internet application that shows proper tee height for consistent alignment between the golf ball and driver’s “sweet spot” providing added accuracy and distance.
- Golfers simply enter the make and model of a driver and the Sweet Spot System shows its recommended depth of insertion mark to use when placing the tee into the ground. This guide is a visual reference tool featuring four evenly spaced ovals printed on the stem of certain Evolve tees. The Sweet Spot System is compatible with all Evolve Golf tees including the tour-proven Epoch.
- Evolve Golf has recorded 109 major Tour wins – including 34 PGA Tour victories – since its 2004 debut, its Epoch is the only performance tee with radius posts that span the width of a golf ball dimple. This unique feature creates the lowest coefficient of friction of any tee, eliminating deflection at impact and increasing ball speed and control off the tee.
- Evolve tees are crafted from renewable and recycled materials and are more durable and sustainable than their wooden counterparts. A number of world class golf clubs and resorts have replaced wooden tees with Evolve’s environmentally friendly golf tees.
Attributed to: BJ Maloy, Founder & CEO, Evolve Golf, Inc.
“The Sweet Spot System eliminates the guesswork with tee height and provides consistency for longer and better drives,” said BJ Maloy, Evolve Golf Founder and CEO. “This custom tee marking application ensures that golfers have a consistent opportunity to hit the ‘sweet spot’ for maximum ball flight and improved carry distance and roll.”
About Evolve Golf
Evolve Golf is the leading manufacturer of sustainable performance golf tees. Available at more than 2,200 marquee private clubs, daily-fee facilities, off-course and online retailers worldwide. Evolve Golf first developed a breakthrough prototype in late 2003. Its Epoch performance tee was launched on the PGA Tour in 2004 and quickly gained a devoted following.
Evolve Golf Founder and CEO BJ Maloy was named one of GOLF Magazine’s top-10 industry innovators of 2008. Maloy was chosen out of hundreds of pioneers for his contributions as an entrepreneur and his quest to enhance the environment through his revolutionary products.
For more information about Evolve Golf and our products please visit our website.